Apr 7, 2014

EPITAPH FOR PRICKLY



Epitaph for Prickly
Remember the time you went to Arizona and brought me back a cactus? And we named it Prickly? Well, Prickly died. I know what you’re going to say. Can a cactus even die? How do you kill a cactus? Sure, they survive the desert and even bloom once in a while. But apparently, down here in sunny California, you drop the thing once and it dies. Yes, I dropped it. It fell on the carpet. I think it even did a little bounce. I put it back in its pot and even watered the damn thing, which you think would have been a treat, but apparently, Prickly didn’t like treats. She turned yellow and then brownish and I had to throw her out once she started smelling. I’m pretty sure a cactus isn’t supposed to smell. Well, maybe a dead one does. It’s funny. We named her Prickly, but I’m pretty sure she didn’t even have prickles. Maybe that’s why she died. She didn’t like her name.

No comments: